In February, 2009, the State of Ohio implemented the new Ohio EPPICard™ program. Cash Benefit recipients (Ohio Works First, Ohio Works First Work Allowance, Ohio Refugee Cash Assistance or Disability Financial Assistance) can now access their payments online using a MasterCard®; debit card. Your payments are automatically loaded onto the card and you can go to millions of MasterCard®; ATM and retailer locations in Ohio and around the world to make a purchase or receive cash.
Get Cash Back with purchases
Many merchants including most grocery stores, home improvement stores, and others allow you to get cash back when you make a purchase. You can save a trip to the ATM with Cash Back.
Tell the cashier before swiping your Card you would like to get cash back with your purchase. Select "Debit Card" and follow the prompts to get "Cash Back" and the amount you would like to receive.
Find the Nearest ATM
Look for the MasterCard® logo on ATMs worldwide. Click on the MasterCard® logo below to find the nearest ATM
|Directions Credit Union|
|Ohio University Credit Union|
|Hancock Federal Credit Union|
Safety Tips when Using ATMs
ATMs are a convenient way to access your money. Here are a few tips on how you can help protect yourself when using an ATM.
- Have your Card out and ready to use as you approach an ATM. If you observe or sense suspicious persons or circumstances, do not use the ATM at that time.
- Avoid ATMs that are poorly lit, hidden, or obstructed from view.
- Never count your money at the ATM. Wait until you are in a safe location.
- Take a trusted family member or friend with you, especially at night.
- If you feel you are being followed when leaving an ATM, drive immediately to the nearest police or fire station, or to a busy, well-lit location. Call the police immediately.
- If you are involved in a confrontation with an assailant who demands your money, COMPLY. Your safety and life is more important than any amount of money.
- Never swipe your Card in an ATM that looks damaged or appears to have been tampered with.
- It is not advisable to wear expensive jewelry or bring valuables to the ATM. This is an added incentive to the assailant.
- Do not re-enter your PIN if the ATM keeps your Card. Instead, call Customer Service immediately to report your Card lost.
You can always find your customer service number on your Card, on this website, and on the printed information included when you received your Card.
Lost, Stolen Cards
If you believe your Card or PIN has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your available funds without your permission, call us at 1-866-320-8822.
Easy access to cash at thousands of ATM locations.
EPPICard cardholders can obtain cash at any ATM displaying the MasterCard® or Cirrus® logos.
Avoid ATM surcharges by using your Ohio EPPICard MasterCard® card at PNC, and Alliance One ATM's.
Free cash back with purchases at many retailer locations.
EPPICard cardholders can make purchases or make purchases and receive cash back with no additional fees at many retailers, including grocery stores displaying the Maestro® logo.
Look for the MasterCard® or Maestro® logos to identify participating merchants.
Access to available balance and transaction history through the Internet.
Cardholders have secure access to their available balance and transaction history using their user ID and password.
All transaction information is displayed immediately in date and time order.
Online access to available balance information is the quickest and easiest method available for the user.
Monthly transaction history for the past 60 days is always available to users online.
Low Transaction Fees
Ohio EPPICard cardholders are assessed the following fees:
- Purchases at merchant locations: No fee
- Cash-Back with purchase: No fee
- Cash withdrawals at MasterCard® teller windows: No fee
- Deposit notification services: No fee
- ATM Cash Withdrawal: One (1) free ATM cash withdrawal each month at Alliance One and PNC locations. A fee of $0.75 each withdrawal after free are used - Additional fees may be charged if not used at in-Network ATMS - Alliance One, and PNC Bank ATMs.
- ATM Balance Inquiry: One (1) free ATM Balance Inquiry each month at Alliance One or PNC locations. A fee of $0.40 each inquiry after free are used.
- Customer service calls to the Integrated Voice Response (IVR) system: $0.25 after ten free calls
Refer to the disclosure statement for a complete listing of all fees