The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry has implemented a convenient "electronic" payment option for receiving your L&I and SWIF payments using a prepaid Debit MasterCard® card - A better way to receive your payments. Simply spend your money by presenting your debit card; it is safe, convenient and secure. You have immediate access to your funds because your payments are electronically loaded to your debit MasterCard® card account.
The new debit MasterCard® account provides access to your funds 24 hours a day at ATMs, bank teller windows and merchant locations worldwide, anywhere debit MasterCard® cards are accepted. Your debit card account is FDIC insured and your account is protected by your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Your deposits are posted on the banking day after your payment is received and processed. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is pleased to offer you the convenience and security of the Pennsylvania Debit MasterCard®.
To view these documents in PDF format, you will need Adobe Reader. This program is available for free download here
Get Cash Back with purchases
Many merchants including most grocery stores, home improvement stores, and others allow you to get cash back when you make a purchase. You can save a trip to the ATM with Cash Back.
Tell the cashier before swiping your Card you would like to get cash back with your purchase. Select "Debit Card" and follow the prompts to get "Cash Back" and the amount you would like to receive.
Find the Nearest ATM
Look for the MasterCard® logo on ATMs worldwide. Click on the MasterCard® logo below to find the nearest ATM
Avoid ATM Surcharge Fees
ATM surcharges are additional fees charged by the ATM owner. You can avoid this surcharge fee by using ATMs displaying the following logos. To find your nearest surcharge free ATM, click on the logos shown below:
Safety Tips when Using ATMs
ATMs are a convenient way to access your money. Here are a few tips on how you can help protect yourself when using an ATM.
- Have your Card out and ready to use as you approach an ATM. If you observe or sense suspicious persons or circumstances, do not use the ATM at that time.
- Avoid ATMs that are poorly lit, hidden, or obstructed from view.
- Never count your money at the ATM. Wait until you are in a safe location.
- Take a trusted family member or friend with you, especially at night.
- If you feel you are being followed when leaving an ATM, drive immediately to the nearest police or fire station, or to a busy, well-lit location. Call the police immediately.
- If you are involved in a confrontation with an assailant who demands your money, COMPLY. Your safety and life is more important than any amount of money.
- Never swipe your Card in an ATM that looks damaged or appears to have been tampered with.
- It is not advisable to wear expensive jewelry or bring valuables to the ATM. This is an added incentive to the assailant.
- Do not re-enter your PIN if the ATM keeps your Card. Instead, call Customer Service immediately to report your Card lost.
You can always find your customer service number on your Card, on this website, and on the printed information included when you received your Card.
Lost, Stolen Cards
If you have lost your card or if it has been stolen, you should immediately call the toll free Customer Service number at 1-877-406-8257. This number is available 24 hours a day-7 days a week. For Customer Service outside of the United States, call collect by dialing 1-210-331-2264.
Get Cash Faster.
Get cash at "in-network" ATMs, MasterCard® Member bank teller windows, or at your favorite merchant location, displaying the MasterCard® Member Acceptance mark.
"In-network" bank ATM locations include PNC Bank or MoneyPass.
Shop with it.
You can use your Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Debit MasterCard® at merchant locations displaying the MasterCard Acceptance Mark and there is no fee for point of sale transactions at these locations using your signature or PIN. You may also ask for "cash back" with your purchase.
Toll-Free Customer Service.
You have unlimited access to our web site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Once a payment is loaded, you may access information regarding your account via the toll-free customer service telephone number 1-877-406-8257 the Internet at www.eppicard.com. International caller would use 1-210-331-2264 (collect).
Your account is FDIC insured and protected by your personal secret code (PIN). Your web account is secured by your personally selected User ID and password.
Access to available balance and transaction history through the Internet.
Online web access to your card account, balance, and transaction history is the quickest and easiest way to review transactions and deposits posted to your account. The information is displayed immediately in date and time order and reflects transactions posted to your account at the time they are conducted.
Monthly transaction history for the past 60 days is available online, at any time of day for your convenience.Print your monthly statement by selecting the preferred month.
Free Services Using your Debit MasterCard®.
- No monthly Account Maintenance fee.
- Initial Card Issuance, one free after initial issuance.
- Purchases at Point of Sale location, PIN or signature.
- Cash back with purchase.
- Deposit Notification, sign up by calling the Customer Service Number.
- Cash withdrawals at MasterCard® Member Bank teller windows.
- You are allowed seven (7) free calls each month to the Customer Service Center's Interactive Voice Response system. There is never a cost to access your account on the web.
*Note: There is never a fee to report your card as lost or stolen, or to dispute a transaction posted to your account.
Low Fees Charged for Other Services Using your Debit MasterCard®.
- $1.50 for successful ATM cash withdrawals after three (3) free withdrawals for each deposit posted to your account are used at "in-network" ATMs. If you do not receive a deposit, one (1) fee free ATM cash withdrawal per month only at "in-network" ATMs.
- $1.75 for successful ATM cash withdrawal at ATM not "in-network".
- Free balance inquiry at "in-network" ATMs.
- $0.40 for each balance inquiry at ATMs not "in-network".
- Free ATM denials.
- $1.50 for each transfer of funds you request at the IVR to a checking or savings account.
- $4.00 for each replacement card issued, after one (1) free.
- $12.00 for a request to expedite new card delivery. Expedite delivery is a two day delivery, on standard business days only.
- $0.45 for each call, after you used the seven (7) free calls allotted each month.
- $3.00 plus 2% of the amount withdrawn for International ATM transactions.
*Note: Please see the Disclosure Statement for full listing of program fees.
Avoid ATM Surcharge Fees.
- Some ATM owners may apply a fee called a surcharge to use their ATMs.
- Avoid paying this fee by using ATMs bearing one of the logos shown.