In November, 2007, the State of Nevada implemented the new Debit Card™ program. ESD claimants can now access their payments online using a Visa ® debit card. Your payments are automatically loaded onto the card and you can go to millions of Visa ATM and retailer locations in Nevada and around the world to make purchases or receive cash.
Easy access to cash at thousands of ATM locations.
Cardholders can obtain cash at any ATM displaying the Visa® or Plus® logos.
Avoid ATM surcharges by using your Nevada Debit Card Visa® card at Wells Fargo.
Free cash back with purchases at many retailer locations.
Cardholders can make purchases or make purchases and receive cash back with no additional fees at many retailers, including grocery stores displaying the Interlink® logo.
Look for the Visa® or Interlink® logos to identify participating merchants.
All bank locations displaying the Visa® logo will provide cash withdrawals at no cost to Nevada Debit Card™ cardholders.
Access to available balance and transaction history through the Internet.
Cardholders have secure access to their available balance and transaction history using their user ID and password.
All transaction information is displayed immediately in date and time order.
Online access to available balance information is the quickest and easiest method available for the user.
Monthly transaction history for the past 60 days is always available to users online.
Low Transaction Fees
Nevada Debit Card™ cardholders are assessed the following fees:
- Wells Fargo ATM cash withdrawals: $1.75 each after one free withdrawal per regular deposit; if you do not receive a deposit, one (1) fee free ATM cash withdrawal per month
- Other ATM cash withdrawals: $1.75 each time
- ATM balance inquiry: $0.50 after one free
- ATM denial: $0.50 after two free
- Card replacement: $5.00
- Expedited card delivery: $15.00
- International transactions: $1.75 each time
- Monthly account access via IVR or operator assisted: $0.35 after five free
Get Cash Back with purchases
Many merchants including most grocery stores, home improvement stores, and others allow you to get cash back when you make a purchase. You can save a trip to the ATM with Cash Back.
Tell the cashier before swiping your Card you would like to get cash back with your purchase. Select "Debit Card" and follow the prompts to get "Cash Back" and the amount you would like to receive.
Find the Nearest ATM
Look for the MasterCard® or VISA® logo on ATMs worldwide. Click on the MasterCard® or VISA® logo below to find the nearest ATM
Safety Tips when Using ATMs
ATMs are a convenient way to access your money. Here are a few tips on how you can help protect yourself when using an ATM.
- Have your Card out and ready to use as you approach an ATM. If you observe or sense suspicious persons or circumstances, do not use the ATM at that time.
- Avoid ATMs that are poorly lit, hidden, or obstructed from view.
- Never count your money at the ATM. Wait until you are in a safe location.
- Take a trusted family member or friend with you, especially at night.
- If you feel you are being followed when leaving an ATM, drive immediately to the nearest police or fire station, or to a busy, well-lit location. Call the police immediately.
- If you are involved in a confrontation with an assailant who demands your money, COMPLY. Your safety and life is more important than any amount of money.
- Never swipe your Card in an ATM that looks damaged or appears to have been tampered with.
- It is not advisable to wear expensive jewelry or bring valuables to the ATM. This is an added incentive to the assailant.
- Do not re-enter your PIN if the ATM keeps your Card. Instead, call Customer Service immediately to report your Card lost.
You can always find your customer service number on your Card, on this website, and on the printed information included when you received your Card.
Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation, Employment Security Division
State of Nevada
Unemployment Insurance Claim Filing System
Unemployment Claims Handbook
||Lost, Stolen cards
If you have lost your card or if it has been stolen, you should immediately call the toll free Customer Service number at 1-877-829-4130. This number is available 24 hours a day-7 days a week. For Customer Service outside of the United States, call collect by dialing 210-331-2263.
Cardholders, who have any questions about their ESD case including when your payments have been deposited to your Nevada Debit Card™ ; should contact your Employment Security Division Center.
For all questions related to the Nevada Debit Card™ Visa®, cardholders should call the Customer Service toll free number at 1-877-829-4130. Customer Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and handles calls related to:
- Reporting lost or stolen cards
- Balance inquiries
- PIN changes
- Transaction history requests
- Registering a complaint about a card issue
- Questions about card usage
- Questions about international card usage
Protecting your personal and account information is our top priority
Occasionally our fraud prevention team may call you to verify if a specific transaction or transactions were authorized by you.
If we do call you, we will NEVER ask for your social security number or secret PIN number.
If you are ever unsure a call you receive about your Card or account is legitimate, hang up immediately and call us back using the toll-free telephone number found on this website, on the back of your Card or in the information included with your Card.