In April , 2005, the Illinois State Disbursement Unit implemented the new EPPICard™ program. Custodial parents can now access their payments online using a MasterCard® debit card. Your payments are automatically loaded onto the card and you can go to millions of MasterCard ATM and retailer locations in Illinois and around the world to make purchases or receive cash.
Easy access to cash at thousands of ATM locations.
EPPICard™ cardholders can obtain cash at any ATM displaying the MasterCard® or Cirrus® logos.
Avoid ATM surcharges by using your EPPICard MasterCard® card at Charter One Bank, SHAZAM Privileged Status Bank ATM locations.
Free cash back with purchases at many retailer locations.
EPPICard™ cardholders can make purchases or make purchases and receive cash back with no additional fees at many retailers, including grocery stores displaying the Maestro® logo.
Look for the MasterCard® or Maestro® logos to identify participating merchants.
Many bank locations displaying the MasterCard® logo will provide cash withdrawals at no cost to EPPICard™ cardholders. Inquire about the fees when making this type transaction.
Access to available balance and transaction history through the Internet.
Cardholders have secure access to their available balance and transaction history using their user ID and password.
All transaction information is displayed immediately in date and time order.
Online access to available balance information is the quickest and easiest method available for the user.
Monthly transaction history for the past 60 days is always available to users online.
Low Transaction Fees
EPPICard™ cardholders are assessed the following fees:
- Cash back with purchase at merchant locations, there is no fee.
- Avoid ATM Surcharges at most Charter One Bank, SHAZAM Privileged Status ATM's.
- ATM Cash Withdrawal at banks other than Charter One Bank, SHAZAM Privileged Status ATMs, a fee of $1.25 is charged each time.
- ATM Balance Inquiry Fee: $0.50 each time. Remember account balance information is free on the web.
- ATM Denial Fee: there is no fee.
- Bank Teller cash withdrawals, there is no fee.
- $5.00 for each replacement card issued.
- Request for Expedited Delivery of a replacement card is charged a fee of $15.00. Two day Delivery, Business Days Only.
- International ATM Cash Withdrawal Fee: a fee of $1.25 is charged each time, plus a currency conversion fee of 3% of the transaction amount.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Fee: You are allowed four free calls to the Customer Service toll free number each month. A fee of $0.35 is charged each time after the four (4) free calls each month.
To view these documents in PDF format, you will need Adobe Reader. This program is available for free download here.
Get Cash Back with purchases
Many merchants including most grocery stores, home improvement stores, and others allow you to get cash back when you make a purchase. You can save a trip to the ATM with Cash Back.
Tell the cashier before swiping your Card you would like to get cash back with your purchase. Select "Debit Card" and follow the prompts to get "Cash Back" and the amount you would like to receive.
Find the Nearest ATM
Look for the MasterCard® logo on ATMs worldwide. Click on the MasterCard® logo below to find the nearest ATM
|Click here to download the free MasterCard ATM Finder app for smart phones:|
Safety Tips when Using ATMs
ATMs are a convenient way to access your money. Here are a few tips on how you can help protect yourself when using an ATM.
- Have your Card out and ready to use as you approach an ATM. If you observe or sense suspicious persons or circumstances, do not use the ATM at that time.
- Avoid ATMs that are poorly lit, hidden, or obstructed from view.
- Never count your money at the ATM. Wait until you are in a safe location.
- Take a trusted family member or friend with you, especially at night.
- If you feel you are being followed when leaving an ATM, drive immediately to the nearest police or fire station, or to a busy, well-lit location. Call the police immediately.
- If you are involved in a confrontation with an assailant who demands your money, COMPLY. Your safety and life is more important than any amount of money.
- Never swipe your Card in an ATM that looks damaged or appears to have been tampered with.
- It is not advisable to wear expensive jewelry or bring valuables to the ATM. This is an added incentive to the assailant.
- Do not re-enter your PIN if the ATM keeps your Card. Instead, call Customer Service immediately to report your Card lost.
You can always find your customer service number on your Card, on this website, and on the printed information included when you received your Card.
Lost, Stolen cards
If you believe your Card or PIN has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your available funds without your permission, call us at 1-877-567-1769, or write to us at P.O. BOX 80769, AUSTIN, TX 78708.
Cardholders, who have any questions about their child support case including when your payments have been deposited to your EPPICard™ ; should call 1-877-225-7077.
For all questions related to the EPPICard™ MasterCard®, cardholders should call the Customer Service toll free number at 1-877-567-1769. Customer Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and handles calls related to:
- Reporting lost or stolen cards
- Balance inquiries
- PIN changes
- Transaction history requests
- Registering a complaint about a card issue
- Questions about card usage
- Questions about international card usage
Protecting your personal and account information is our top priority
Occasionally our fraud prevention team may call you to verify if a specific transaction or transactions were authorized by you.
If we do call you, we will NEVER ask for your social security number or secret PIN number.
If you are ever unsure a call you receive about your Card or account is legitimate, hang up immediately and call us back using the toll-free telephone number found on this website, on the back of your Card or in the information included with your Card.