The State of California Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) provides a convenient "electronic" payment option for receiving your child support payments which will replace the printing of paper checks. This payment option is a prepaid debit Mastercard® card. Simply spend your money by presenting your debit Mastercard at retailers or obtain cash from an ATM or bank teller windows; it is safe, convenient and secure. For your convenience, your child support payments are electronically loaded to your debit Mastercard® card account.
The new debit Mastercard® account provides access to your funds 24 hours a day at ATMs, bank teller windows and merchant locations, anywhere debit Mastercard® cards are accepted. Your debit card account is FDIC insured and your account is protected by your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Your child support deposits are posted after your payment is received and processed at the California State Disbursement Unit. DCSS is pleased to offer you the convenience and security of the California debit Mastercard®.
To view these documents in PDF format, you will need Adobe Reader. This program is available for free download
Get Cash Back with purchases
Many merchants including most grocery stores, home improvement stores, and others allow you to get cash back when you make a purchase. You can save a trip to the ATM with Cash Back.
Tell the cashier before swiping your Card you would like to get cash back with your purchase. Select "Debit Card" and follow the prompts to get "Cash Back" and the amount you would like to receive.
Find the Nearest ATM
Look for the Mastercard® logo on ATMs worldwide. Click on the Mastercard® logo below to find the nearest ATM.
Safety Tips when Using ATMs
ATMs are a convenient way to access your money. Here are a few tips on how you can help protect yourself when using an ATM.
- Have your Card out and ready to use as you approach an ATM. If you observe or sense suspicious persons or circumstances, do not use the ATM at that time.
- Avoid ATMs that are poorly lit, hidden, or obstructed from view.
- Never count your money at the ATM. Wait until you are in a safe location.
- Take a trusted family member or friend with you, especially at night.
- If you feel you are being followed when leaving an ATM, drive immediately to the nearest police or fire station, or to a busy, well-lit location. Call the police immediately.
- If you are involved in a confrontation with an assailant who demands your money, COMPLY. Your safety and life is more important than any amount of money.
- Never swipe your Card in an ATM that looks damaged or appears to have been tampered with.
- It is not advisable to wear expensive jewelry or bring valuables to the ATM. This is an added incentive to the assailant.
- Do not re-enter your PIN if the ATM keeps your Card. Instead, call Customer Service immediately to report your Card lost.
You can always find your customer service number on your Card, on this website, and on the printed information included when you received your Card.
Lost, Stolen Cards
If you believe your card or PIN has been lost or stolen, call the toll-free Customer Service number at 1-877-777-1617; TTY: 1-877 411-6119. For Customer Service outside of the US, call 210-331-2268.
Access to available balance and transaction history through the Internet.
Online web access to your card account, balance, and transaction history is the quickest and easiest way to review transactions and deposits posted to your account. The information is displayed immediately in date and time order and reflects transactions posted to your account at the time they are conducted.
Monthly transaction history for the past 90 days is available online, at any time of day for your convenience. Print your monthly transaction history by selecting the preferred month.
Low Transaction Fees.
- $1.75 for each successful ATM cash withdrawals at ATMs after fee free is used.
- $0.60 for each ATM balance inquiry.
- $0.60 for each ATM denial after fee free is used.
- $5.00 for each replacement card issued, after the initial card issuance.
- $20.00 for a request to expedite delivery of your new card. Expedited delivery is a two day delivery, on standard business days only.
- $0.50 for each Customer Service Call to the IVR or live operator after you have used your allotted three (3) fee free calls each month. Remember there is no charge to access your account via the web, www.eppicard.com.
- $1.75 for each International ATM cash withdrawal
- Currency conversion fee of 3% of the US dollar amount of the transaction - added to both ATM and point-of-sale transactions.
Shop with it.
You can use your California Debit Mastercard® at merchant locations displaying the Mastercard Acceptance Mark. There is no charge for purchases at merchant locations.
Get Cash Faster.
Get cash at Wells Fargo ATM locations, Mastercard® Member bank teller windows, or at your favorite merchant location, displaying the Mastercard® Member Acceptance mark.
Toll-Free Customer Service.
You have unlimited access to our web site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Once a payment is loaded, you may access information regarding your account via the toll-free customer service telephone number 1-877-777-1617, TTY 1-877 411-6119 or the Internet web site www.eppicard.com.
Your account is FDIC insured and protected by your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your web account is secured by your personally selected User ID and password.
Avoid ATM Surcharge Fees
- Some ATM owners may apply a fee called a surcharge to use their ATMs.
- Avoid paying this fee by using Wells Fargo ATMs. Look for the logo shown below.
Free Services Using your Debit Mastercard®
- No monthly Account Maintenance fee.
- Initial card issuance.
- Deposit Notification each time a deposit is posted to your account if you choose to use this service.
- Purchases at merchant Point of Sale locations, PIN or signature.
- Cash back with purchase if the merchant provides this service.
- Four (4) fee free ATM cash withdrawals only at Wells Fargo ATMs each month.
- Access to your account by phone, interactive voice response (IVR) or live operator up to three (3) fee free calls each month.
- Access to account information via the web www.eppicard.com.